The VSS Vintorez (Special Sniper Rifle Thread Cutter) is a Suppressed Marksman Rifle with a PSO x7 scope.
- Category: Designated Marksman Rifle
- Rarity: Very Rare
- Spawn Location(s): Heli Crash
- Damage: 8000 (Silenced weapons have high damage drop at their max range) low chance to die instantly by one bullet on close range
- 10 rnd. VSS
- 20 rnd. VSS
- Range: 100-500
- Zeroing: 100-420
- Large triangle going down is 0-100m (Aim above it considerably for -50)
- Center triangle is 200m
- -1 triangle is 300 and next one is around 420.
- There is a rangefinder in the scope (bottom-left). The bottome line is suppose to be at the targets feet, and the top (curved line) is supposed to touch his head, and there are numbers representative of distance relatively to his size.
- Bullet time to target easily exceeds 2 seconds at 420m.
- Rate of Fire: High
- Recoil: Low
- Noise: Silent
- Firing Mode: Semi/Auto
- Attachments: PSO x7
Weapon is great for heavily populated areas where giving yourself away is dangerous. Great close range weapon; it being fully automatic sniper (large caliber- 8000 damage) with low recoil and high rate of fire. The down side is unusable scope at close ranges (practice your hip-fire crosshair placement acuracy), and small magazine (although it does more damage overall compared to stanag, and quicker).
Disadvantages to MK17 silenced over the fact that there's no zeroing, apparently slower bullet travel, and not much of ammo per magazine. Advantage wise has higher rate of fire, smaller size, greater range in scope and immidiate range finder. VSS is better all scenario weapon (close or long ranges) with downfalls, but MK17 excels at dedicated sniping (pick your position carefuly).